Precision Telecom Technologies is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider of operations and billing systems used by communications companies across North America. Our comprehensive system and outstanding support have resulted in rapid growth. To support this growth, we are expanding our team to include a new Quality Assurance Manager & Technical Writer role.
Precision’s goal is to help our clients and employees thrive. We accomplish this by being team-oriented, thorough, and honorable (with a dash of cowperson). We provide our employees with competitive wages and benefits along with a great work-life balance. Our belief is that if you love your job, you’ll do great things.
In this position, you must have a keen eye for detail, excellent organizational and communication skills. We expect a skilled execution of test cases, production of clear & concise documentation, and a passion for quality.
- Assess software quality through manual and automated testing.
- Review Precision’s existing testing processes and make recommendations for improvement. If recommendations are approved by management, you will be expected to work with the team to implement the new solution(s).
- Ensure all development requests/projects include clear requirements.
- Precision has a robust help site developed using MadCap Flare. You will be responsible for:
- Monthly Release Notes & User Guide Updates - We practice agile development and we release software updates monthly. Each software release should include a full set of release notes along with corresponding updates to our user guide.
- FAQ Updates - Updates to our FAQs are done “as needed” based on feedback from our clients and support team.
- Recommend and implement approved improvements to our customer communications process. For example, using in-app help/overlays or additional MadCap Tools like Analyzer or Pulse.
- Production of short videos to demonstrate system features for existing clients and/or marketing purposes.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Management, Technical Writing or related discipline
- Experience with MadCap Flare (or other similar tools) is a plus